Hi All –
ALA has released a grant opportunity for $2000 to help libraries build their community engagement, the Libraries Transform Communities: Engagement Grant. The application is due February 3, 2020 at 11 am MST. More information can be found at this link.
URL is – http://www.ala.org/tools/programming/LTCEG
The Libraries Transform Communities Engagement Grant is an annual grant to recognize, promote and support innovative and meaningful community engagement efforts in libraries. Community engagement is the process of working collaboratively with community members – be they library patrons, residents, faculty, students or local organizations – to address issues for the betterment of the community.
The intent of the grant is to provide support for a school, public, academic, tribal or special library to expand their community engagement efforts. Libraries are invited to apply by designing and outlining activities for a library-led community engagement project. Proposed projects should focus on creating innovative and meaningful community engagement efforts.
Project activities may include:
- Developing direct/sustained/innovative community engagement programs and services
- Partnering with a community agency/organization/department that builds the capacity of the community to address an important concern/issue
- Executing an innovative community engagement program
- Creating a program or event that connects the library to a community-identified aspiration or concern
- Creating and publishing educational or promotional materials for the greater library community and/or presenting an innovative/model program at conferences