Afternoon all —
The Children and Teen Book Enhancement grant is now open. Deadline to apply is Monday, March 2. Please login at https://utahdcc.secure.force.com/usl/ You will have to set up an account if you haven’t already done so.
Selected public and school libraries will receive $3,000 up front to purchase current, high-quality and well-reviewed books published in 2019 and 2020 for young adults and children. Libraries will be required to purchase any combination of books from the lists below. Substitutions will not be allowed. Limit two (2) copies per title. The purchase of diverse titles is strongly encouraged.
Preference will be given to small and medium-sized libraries that can clearly demonstrate a need.
Purchase a combination of titles from these lists:
- 2020 ALA Notable Children’s Books (ALSC)
- 2020 American Indian Library Association’s Youth Literature Awards
- 2020 Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature
- 2020 Bank Street College of Education’s Best Books of the Year (available April 2020)
- 2020/21 Beehive Book Awards Nominees (available March 2020)
- 2020 Best Fiction for Young Adults (YALSA)
- 2020 Coretta Scott King Book Awards
- 2020 Pura Belpre Award
- 2020 Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal
- 2020 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- 2020 Nonfiction for Young Adults Award
- Curated list of Books (not available until March 2020)
Requirements and Expectations:
- Books cannot be purchased in advance. Recipients must receive executed (signed by all parties) contract before purchasing any books.
- Grant recipients agree to purchase books in a timely manner. Books purchased after May 15, 2020 are not eligible for the grant.
- Preorders are not allowed. Books published after May 15, 2020 are not eligible for the grant.
- Books may be purchased from any of the preselected lists using vendors of their choice. Funds may be used for vendor processing as well.
- Grant recipients must submit copies of invoices or packing slips, by Friday, May 15, 2020. This is for review purposes only.
- Grant recipients agree to add newly purchased materials to circulating collections.
- Please spend all your funds. Any advanced funds not expended by May 15, 2020, as outlined in Grant Application and final Grant Funding, will be reimbursed to USL by May 29, 2020. Meaning, you have to return any/all unspent funds.
- Grant recipients agree to complete a survey by Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Tuesday, February 18 – Grant cycle opens
- Monday, March 2 – Grant cycle closes
- Friday, March 6 – Applicants notified
- Friday, March 20 – Contracts due back to USL
- Friday, May 15 – Deadline submit invoices or packing slips (for review purposes only)
- Friday, May 29 – Deadline to complete survey
- Friday, May 29 – Deadline to return unspent funds
Please Shareon Deeds at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.