2018 Conference – Future Ready Librarians – The Future is Now!
The 2018 Conference is behind us and what a wonderful day it was! Thank you so much for attending and we hope that it was informative and fun. Please remember you can access conference session videos on the UELMA website under Member Resources (https://uelma.org/member-resources/). (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the password)
Here are a few of the conference highlights:
- Skyping with Shannon McClintock Miller in Hong Kong – a first for our conference!
- Authors Pamela S. Turner, Jean Reagan and Emily Summerill – inspiring speakers!
- Amazing Book Art Contest – what talented crafters we are with books!
- 35 Sessions with over 45 Presenters – the largest offering ever!
- The Idea Lab Café – multiple presentations to sample!
- Shuttle Service to alleviate parking – a first for UELMA and UCCC!
- And last, but certainly not least – 465 library staff/supporters/vendors in attendance – a record!
Much gratitude to the inspiring and inexhaustible 2018 conference committee, the UELMA Board and conference volunteers. With all of the presenters, we had an army of facilitators. We are an organization of volunteers and pulling this conference together is a labor of love and endurance. This event would not have been possible without everyone’s efforts.
We also want to thank the Utah State Library for the generous $3,000.00 Uplift Grant that offset the rental cost of the venue. It was a pleasure to meet Colleen Leggett, the new Director of the Utah State Library, and show her our passion for school libraries.
Finally, I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve you on the UELMA Board. I have had an amazing time the last 5 years meeting so many of you throughout Utah. You are all truly inspiring. I am not only leaving the Board this spring but also retiring as a library technology teacher. This truly has been a dream career for me but it is time for me to let others have this much fun. Thank you, all of you, for your support, collaboration and friendship. You are wonderful.
Sarah G. Herron
2018 UELMA Past President & Conference Chair