UELMA is excited to be partnering with UCET for our combined UCET/UELMA conference this year. We are in full conference planning mode and hope you are as excited as we are. We still have a lot of planning to do but want to make sure you have your calendars marked and questions answered.
To help you plan ahead we would like to answer some of your questions –
When is the conference?
- March 19-20, 2024 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
Where is the conference?
- The Salt Palace in Salt Lake City
What time will the conference be?
- Registration opens at 7:30 am
- Opening session starts at 9:00 am
- Sessions end at 4:30 pm each day
If I can only attend one of the two days – which would be better?
- Both days will have many incredible sessions however, if you can only attend one day, Wednesday will be our ‘library heavy’ day.
- Register here!
Can I attend virtually?
- Yes! If you can only attend in person one day, we are happy to have you! We also want you to be able to get the most out of the conference so if you register for both days, you will be able to access some of the second day & materials virtually. The virtual session will include the keynotes and prerecorded sessions, not all live sessions will be streamed or recorded.
Are there other activities available after the scheduled sessions?
- Tuesday night conference attendees will be able to attend AFTER DARK – a time to get together with other conference attendees and have some fun. We will be hosting games, karaoke, a movie, and more! Attendees are welcome to participate no matter how much of the conference they are able to attend in person. Come have fun with us!
Still have questions?
- More information about the conference, the statewide book club, awards, and more – is forthcoming so please stay tuned.
- Information will be posted on the website as well as our social media platforms
- You are always welcome to contact the UELMA board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the UCET page here for more information as well.
See the full schedule below! Your Sched login will be sent after you register.View the UCET 2024 schedule & directory.
In part one of this special two-part series, host Katie Blunt takes you to Providence Hall High School in Herriman, Utah, to meet with Library Media Specialist Mariah Gerlach, who shows us how she uses technology tools to support students’ information literacy skills while collaborating with English teacher Catherine Jensen and her students on their research project. More resources here!
- Check out this article with our president.
- See everyone Friday!!!
I have also been asked a few times…. No, we are not doing a GooseChase (Scavenger Hunt) this year. Sorry.