Volunteers are the heart of UELMA . We rely on the many volunteers who generously dedicate their time and commitment to the UELMA organization either as a conference volunteer or a UELMA board member.
Steps to Volunteer
- Register for the conference HERE!
- Register to volunteer HERE!
- Attend brief volunteer training at 7:15 am
- Setup Support: Support exhibitors and board members in preconference setup Friday morning @ 6:00 a.m.
- Registration & Information Table: Assist in initial sign in and conference questions.
- Presenter Facilitator: Introduce and support presenter. Check in attendees.
- Exhibitor Support: Support our Platinum exhibitor and exhibitor Rep.
- Idea Lab Support: Support IdeaLab presenters. Check in Attendees.
The conference would not be possible without the dedication and hard work of our volunteers. As a thank you, we provide the following perks to show our immense appreciation:
- A UELMA T-shirt
- Entry into a volunteers-only drawings
- A volunteer badge
- Networking opportunities with our amazing authors and presenters.
Thank you for your help and support!!
What do the authors Ellen Oh, Karl Beckstrand and Mackenzie Lee all have in common?
Ellen Oh is the co-founder of We Need Diverse Books, the groundbreaking, grassroots non-profit organization that advocates essential changes in the publishing industry to produce and promote literature that reflects and honors the lives of all young people.
She is also the author of the award-winning Spirit Hunters series for middle grade readers and the Prophecy trilogy (Prophecy, Warrior, and King) for young adults.
Publisher and speaker Karl Beckstrand is the bestselling and award-winning author/illustrator of 21 multicultural/multilingual books and more than 60 ebook titles. He has a B.A. in journalism from BYU, an M.A. in international relations from APU, and a broadcast & film certificate from Film A. Academy.
Since 2004 he has run Premio publishing focusing on multicultural YA fiction, e-book mysteries, nonfiction/biographies, Spanish language & bilingual picture books (with ESL/ELL pronunciation guide), short stories, wordless books, Up-lit, and activity STEM books (astronomy, zoology, ecology) feature diverse characters in vivid color.
To all Utah school librarians and those who support library programs. Studies show school libraries impact all students for success. The 2020 UELMA Conference theme, Libraries Are For Everyone, spotlights what we do to assure our students see themselves in the library. On behalf of the UELMA Board and UELMA 2020 Conference Committee, I invite you to join us in Ogden at Weber State University on Friday, March 6, 2020.
- Amazing Keynotes including Ellen Oh, author and co-founder of We Need Diverse Books, and Karl Beckstrand, author/illustrator of 21 multicultural/multilingual books.
- Engaging Breakout Sessions elaborating ways the National School Library Standards are implemented for our students to have the best opportunity to Think, Create, Share, and Grow.
- Awesome Networking Opportunities with your Personal Learning Network of fabulous Utah school librarians.
- Incredible Exhibitors of everything library!
I’m looking forward to seeing you at UELMA 2020!
UELMA President, 2019-2020