POSITION BEGINS JANUARY 14, 2019.
The position of LMETS will oversee the Media Center and provide school-wide training and support in the areas of information literacy, technology literacy and literacy acquisition. This position requires significant time teaching staff about information literacy and integrating technology in the classroom. It also requires providing school-wide technical support and media center supervision.
• Oversees media circulation and catalog systems, budgets, collection development, and supervision of media clerk/secretary.
• Teaches Utah’s Online Library, library layout, internet safety, and the evaluation of internet sites to staff and students.
• Provides training or information literacy, technology literacy and literacy acquisition.
• Supports the network with the setup of computers, operating systems, managing users, and the installation of application software.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Utah teaching license required. Classroom experience preferred.
• Library Media endorsement required, or currently pursuing a Library Media endorsement, or will immediately enroll and successfully complete a Library Media endorsement program.
• School Technology Specialist experience preferred.
• Experience integrating current technology applications and information literacy skills in the classroom.
• Strong organizational, management, and public relation skills.
• Knowledge of adolescent literature.
• Knowledge of the Big 6 research skills, MARC records and cataloging principles and project based learning
• Knowledge of Windows and MAC operating systems, Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office, internet, mobile devices, interactive whiteboards/TV, and other current classroom technologies.
• Troubleshooting hardware / software problems.
For questions relating to Matheson Jr. High, please contact the principal, Dawn Hauser at email@example.com or call 385-646-5298. For specific questions about the LMETS position please contact Chris Larsen, Educational Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 385-646-2268.
Application Deadline: November 26, 2018 by 3 P.M.