Please enjoy the November newsletter. It will not advance automatically, read it at your own pace.
During this challenging time we would love to offer some professional development options to help our UELMA members. Please fill out the linked survey, letting us know what format would work best for you, and what topics you would be interested in!
click below for the
Professional Development Survey
This same survey was e-mailed this morning. If you did not get please be sure to sign up for our mailing list over on the right-hand side of our website. If you got it twice… you are probably on the mailing list and on the website subscriber list when something new gets posted. Both are good.
Thank you in advanced for filling out the survey and letting us know what works best for the majority.
Assuming schools open this August… what are your plans in YOUR school library. I’ve been thinking about some questions and am not sure how to share them so it will be whatever is below! I don’t think UELMA has a legal right to recommend or say what to do but many of us have the same questions – so let’s discuss them! The list is numbered so you can comment according to the number. (Not in any particular order!)
- Are you making the decisions or is your administration or district?
- If returned books need to be quarantined for 3-4 days, how are you doing that? Or do you have other plans?
- Can patrons do holds and/or “curbside” pick-up somewhere?
- Will you limit the number of students in the library?
- Limit number of students at a table?
- Yes, masks are required but will it be just another dress code item not followed?
- will you have the “power” to kick them out of your space?
- will anyone!?
- Do you have social distance signage?
- Do you manage your technology – are you going 1:1?
- Do you have plexi-shields around your checkout area?
- Is your library space going to be used as a classroom?
- What is missing?
- Future Ready Librarians®
Creating Return To Learn Plans For Your Library – Join Us On July 29
- Their padlet from the website above
Links to the best resources.
I could have listed many more – but all seem to originate from one of these 3 sources!
- American Library Association – Covid19
- School Library Journal (SLJ) section
- American Association of School Libraries
Please comment on your plans here on the website or on our Facebook or Twitter pages.
On behalf of the Utah Educational Library Media Association, we want to Thank You for attending the 2020 UELMA Annual Conference, LIbraries are for Everyone, on March 6, 2020 at Weber State University.
In order to make next year’s conference even more successful we request that you fill out conference evaluation survey. You will also be able to request an attendance certificate for re-licensure points and USBE credit at the end of the evaluation. We thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions and we assure you that each will be given consideration so that future conferences and events will be even more of a success. We hope that you found the conference informative and worthwhile. No matter if you were an attendee, presenter, exhibitor/sponsor, or all three, your presence helped to make this event a great success!
As a reminder, if you were a presenter, please remember to upload your session resources to your Sched page so late attendees can access them online. Please refer to the sched help document on how to do that.
UELMA continues to function as an organization because of the support from you! We look forward to our 2021 conference and in order to receive updates and information, please subscribe to our page, UELMA.org.
The UELMA 2020 Conference committee