more information on this!
- Use this link if you have a Midas account:
Course number: 57143 (Remember to select the sessions listed for your regional site.)
- Use this link if you do not have a Midas account. https://forms.gle/ivYuXtKPLPZznftu7
10:00 – 11:00 – Opening Session – Wanda Huffaker, Chair-elect of the ALA Roundtable on Intellectual Freedom
11:00 – 11:15 – Break/Snack
11:15 – 12:00 – Breakout Session One
12:15 – 1:00 – Breakout Session Two
Breakout Sessions – (Participants pick two)
- Evaluating and Updating Library Policies to Foster Academic Freedom – Jim Wilson, Canyons School District
- Book Selection Strategies and Guidelines – Sharon Deeds, State Library
- Good Reading Processes – Monica Flint, Davis School District
Please see the attached flyer for our upcoming statewide symposium on intellectual freedom. The main meeting/broadcast site will be at Highland High School. We are excited to have the following regional sites onboard – Heber City, Blanding, Richfield, Price and Cedar City. We are still working out logistics to broadcast to the Uintah Basin, Grand County and Logan and other areas which have all shown interest in having local meetings. We can arrange for more sites if there is interest.
Wanda Huffaker, Chair-Elect of the ALA Intellectual Freedom Round Table, will be our keynote speaker and there will be breakout sessions following.
Our Agenda for the day will be:
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM: Opening Session – Keynote
- 11:00 – 11:15 AM: Break/Snacks
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Breakout Session 1
- 12:15 – 1:00 PM: Breakout Session 2
The entire event will be broadcast, including the breakout sessions. This will be a very informational event, if you have questions about book purchasing policies, book challenges and how to handle controversial content and more, you must attend! You can register in Midas, this is the state system mostly used by teachers, but all paraprofessional have access as well, you just need to create an account here. – https://usbe.midaseducation.com/site.php?page_id=1210